Why video games?

As far as i can remember, games were my go-to place whenever I was sad, mad or smad. I have played games from different platforms Mobile, PS4, PC and Xbox. It was where I found my stress reliever.

Parents have always asked or told us young people, "bakit ka laging naglalaro ng bidyo geyms?" to which i answer "Why not?"

Our life is too short, and we can't all live with the best of our abilities. Not all people can tolerate what the world has become, because of this they want to escape from this ugly, filthy, real world.
Games back then only allowed the player to enter new worlds via a small or big screen. For a while this was the best option people had, the only option we had to see new, wonderful worlds.

The video games back then gave us the option of controlling the whole game via a controller, on which you get to manipulate the character's actions but for me it felt like it wasn't enough and luckily more people share the same sentiment. Then enter VR, the god that allowed us to immerse ourselves into these worlds.

This allowed people to have a wider version of freedom, kinda like a System update but for freedom or imaginations. Though I haven't experienced it for myself but through the videos and stories I've seen, it is a wonderful invention.

Now what does this mean or what connection does this have from what I've said in the beginning? well Its the answer. It allows us to be free from the shackles of reality and if you have a wild imagination like I do, you can imagine yourself living in these worlds.

The games I played were mostly open-world, fighting and gacha games. I play open world games because it allowed me to imagine what my life will be if i lived there. Games like Monster Hunter World and Gangstar: Vegas, these games allow me to have a wider array of customizations and personalize my character. This is the type of game I enjoy the most and play the most.





Fighting Games are my go to when I have so much pent up stress, kinda wierd but it gets the job done. It is also the first few games I had and the ones that made me fall in love with video games, fighting games such as Tekken 6 and Soul Calibur. These games also feature customization options allowing me to love it even more.



As for the Gacha games, these are the games that challenge me the most. Why? well these are the games that challenge my patience in the way that if I lose my patience even for a while, it will result in my account's downfall. So far these types of games were the ones that allowed me to use the full power of my brain for when I play open-world games and fighting games, I just press buttons and I win but in Gacha games that never works. Gacha games contain a bit of gambling, grinding and time management, games such as FGO and E7 needs the player's whole attention and time.


As you can see, most of my teenage time is devoted in playing games and I have my own reasons why. But why video games? why don't I read books, Make something or Cook? I've tried all of those and it is in gaming where i found myself comfortable and happy. In games I've met people I never thought i can meet, In games I found inspirations I used when making new stories of my own and In Video Games I found my own utopia.

Now I ask you Reader, Why Video Games?

Comments

  1. Keep playing, your taste in games is really good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, would you mind sharing your liked games too?

      Delete
  2. Everybody has their own escape routes and I think it's pretty cool of you to use games as an escape from reality. Keep on doing what gives you comfort from everything that's happening in reality and never look back. You do you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just never get too sucked in. Too much of everything is still terrible in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If playing games makes you happy just keep going!:))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren't you interested in game design, and coding? You know, from gamer to game maker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking for the right time to learn it properly, I already have tons of plans I want to do but never had enough time and focus to do so. Plus I'm kinda conflicted between gaming and making games.

      Delete
    2. the you should make games if you want to. just be generous enough to make if free.

      Delete
    3. Depends if i have pride in my work then i'll show it to the world

      Delete
  6. Smart way to escape reality. I'd be lying if i said i haven't been doing that since who knows when.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is for me the easiest way to escape this world, so much fun and experiences await in each game we play. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  7. I'm happy for you because you already know your stress reliever. Just keep playing Jhiro!😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, if you still don't have any stress relievers you can start playing games!

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Video games help us to realize or imagine of what we will experience when our life is inside the game.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad that you've found 'comfortability and happiness' in the world of video games. It's good to know that you still chose to stand for what makes you happy rather than what is pleasing to the eyes of the people around you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, for me if we are talking about stress relievers it is better if you follow yourself not other's opinions on how to make you life work

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts